Freotopia > buildings >

Tolley's Head Office

5 Pakenham St, 1897

tolley bond store

Tolley's, no. 5 Pakenham. John Gallop, a fruiterer and, later, proprietor of the King’s Theatre, owned the lot in 1880 when there was a dwelling on it. In 1893 he built a warehouse. He owned the property until c. 1898. From 1897 it was occupied by Tolley & Co. as their head office. A second storey was added in c. 1901 and extensions to the north of the building enclosed the laneway leading to the rear. The existing facade was probably built at this time. From 1912 it was owned by Seppelt and Sons Ltd., also wine and spirit merchants.

References and Links

Fremantle Walks.

Garry Gillard | New: 4 December, 2015 | Now: 14 April, 2024