Freotopia > town lots

Town Lot 144

Market Street, northern corner of Short Street.

The first owner of Lot 144 noted by Hitchcock (1929) was John Spencer.

This Lot and the adjacent Lot 143 on the corner of Short Street are currently vacant, being part of Pioneer Park. Before that, in early 20C, there were shops here.

These shops in Market Street used to be on the northern corner with Short Street. Where they stood is now part of Pioneer Park.

References and Links

Hitchcock, J.K. 1929, The History of Fremantle, The Front Gate of Australia, 1829-1929, Fremantle City Council.


Garry Gillard | New: 14 January, 2024 | Now: 4 February, 2024