Fremantle Stuff > town lots

Town Lot 3/3a

Corner of Cliff and Phillimore Streets

Town Lot 3/3a was originally granted to William Lamb, who may not have done anything with it. It was later the imposing residence of George Shenton, until 1886/8, around which time he moved to Perth. He had a large house with extensive stables. The building was later occupied by the Adelaide Steamship Company.

Town Lot 3/a is now occupied by the 1902 Dalgety Building (various other names, but that was its first) which is owned and occupied by the Mediterranean Shipping Company

References and Links

Fremantle History Centre. Look for the PDFs called:
Purchasers of Fremantle Town Lots 1829-1837
Purchasers of Fremantle Town Lots 1855-1879

Town Lots map (click/tap) >


Garry Gillard | New: 2 December, 2022 | Now: 26 June, 2023