Freotopia > people >

William Fishwick

William Fishwick was a stonemason and builder in partnership with Howson. He was also licensee of the Star Hotel in Essex Street 1887-1893. Howson & Fishwick built Riverview in Tuckfield Street for Edward Mayhew, and St Elmo (in 1888) in Quarry Street for James Gilchrist.

Erickson:
FISHWICK, William Alfred, b. 5.9.1856 (Frem.), son of George & Catherine (nee McCarthy), m. 14.3.1877 (Perth C/E) Elizabeth HAYSOM b. 1856/8 d. 13.1.1887, dtr. of Edward (farmer) & Elizabeth (nee Iles). Chd. Ada Elizabeth b. 1877, George Alfred b. 1879 d. 1939, Edward Dudley b. c.1882 d. 1927, Helen Catherine Judith (bp. RC Frem 1891). Dandarragan, mason. Perth, bricklayer 1879, Frem., plasterer 1883. Licensee "Star Hotel" (1888-1889 Alm). Employed a T/L man 1882.

References and Links

Thanks to Lee-Anne Perceval, relative, for the information.


Garry Gillard | New: 4 March, 2024 | Now: 4 March, 2024